Thousands of venture into Agriculture –Allied yearly. This movement not only grows the industry, but contributes some efforts to reduce unemployment , provide nutrition food to people and play vital role in promote economic growth of India .While many farmers focus on various other profitable agricultural businesses-like Organic farming , several others focus on aquaculture / Fish farming / Prawn farming / Aquaphonics.
While Aquaculture covers multiple facets, fish farming is the most common. Fish farming is a profitable business that’s widespread across various parts of India , mostly coastal belt ( five states contributes approx. 64% and rest from remaining India ). The insatiable demand for fishery products like Tilapia, Catfish ( Pangasius / Desi Mangur / Singhi , Murrel & Pabda ) , and IMC ( Rohu / Catla ) has constantly self-promoted the steady growth and expansion of the industry.These factors, coupled with the current support of government to promote agriculture and also support fish farmers, makes the industry one of the most lucrative agricultural business segments to venture into.
BENEFITS OF FISH FARMING (AQUACULTURE)
1). AN EXPLOSIVE MARKET: The market potential for an aquaculture business is exponential in India and many other countries in the world. With the population of India at currently, it is also cheaper than meat and good protein source, making it an affordable meal when the buyer either cannot afford to purchase meat, or simply just wants to have a fish meal.The explosive market size of this business makes it one of the most important agricultural business opportunities to venture into for any new, existing, or non-interested farmer.
2). LOW OPERATING COST: The cost of starting up and running an aquaculture farm is low, compared to many other agricultural allied business ideas, this business is operational cost centric and others are capital centric .In direct comparison to poultry farming, fish farming has a lower operational budget because of its cheaper fish feed and running costs , fish farming products have lesser threatening comparison to other products .
3). GOVERNMENT SUPPORT: With the governments it only makes this moment a perfect time to consider fish farming as one of the lucrative agriculture business ideas to venture into. Some farmers gold mine Catfish farming.
4). GREAT SOURCE OF PROTEIN: Irrespective of the financial benefits fish farming, fishery products been a source of protein, also contributes its health benefits to the general public, fish farming would constantly stand as a healthy proteins meal with rich health benefits to everyone.
5 Important Things You Need to Know Before kick off a fish culture business
1. LOCATION OF THE FISH FARM: When selecting the location for your fish farm, you need to consider its proximity from the nearest town , market requirement ( supply & demand ), the security in the vicinity and transport connectivity , Ensure the environment for growing your fish .
2. LAND MASS: You need to consider the size of the land ( depends on your forecast in terms of funds you are looking from fish farming after crop harvested ), Usually, a plot of land or two is great to start out a fish farming business. Acquiring the land mass to set up your fish farm should be strategically done. You need to get an affordable property in a not-so rural area, but still close to a major city.
3. POND PLANNING, SIZE, DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION, AND CONSIDERATION: You need to determine the type of pond that you need constructed. For a pond, a flat area that has access to a well could be used. But for a watershed pond, steeper areas near a natural source of water are to be used. It’s usually best to contact the services of an aquaculture consultant. They’d get your full requirements, examine your goals, determine what you truly need, and ensure the construction work and general requirements of the fish ponds are properly met.
4. SOURCE OF WATER SUPPLY: The source of water supply to the fish ponds is important to proper development and maturity of your fish farm for commercial use. It’s important to have a proper borehole system built in the vicinity to ensure a reliable source of water supply. This gets even more crucial with the fact that the water would have to be changed on a regular interval, and a lack there in, of proper adequate water supply to ensure the survival of these fishes, would lead to a considerable loss in investments.
5. A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF RUNNING THE FARM: This is probably the most important thing to know. You must have a sound knowledge of how to run an aquaculture business. Attend a lecture or a seminar on aquaculture, so you can learn a lot more about the operational stuff of fish farming. Equipped with this knowledge, you’d gain valuable information about fish farming, and every it takes to turn out successful and development?
Advantages of contract farming for New Farmers/ Entrepreneurs.. with PVRAQUA Culture Fish farms as Capital & Operational Partners.
1. Introduces new technology and also enables farmers to learn new skills & end to end knowledge Transfer.
2. Price variation risk is reduced of final product.
3. Open up new markets which would otherwise be unavailable to small farmers /entrepreneurs.
4. The farmers /entrepreneurs will be exposed to world class technology, This will increase productivity in region , more employment , Increase in livelihood and book more profits comparison to Traditional agriculture.
5. The farmers/ entrepreneurs obtain an assured price for their product.
6. The farmers/ entrepreneurs get healthy disease-free nursery seed , ensures fast growth .
7. Crop monitoring from seed to table fish on a regular basis.
8. Technical advice will be provided free of cost at the doorstep of the farmer.
Interested in hiring us for your aqua farming business and development………….
Contract Farming Guidelines :-
Agreement Between Both parties ( A & B ) – Party A is PVRAQUA Culture and Party B is Farmer / Entrepreneur / Investor, with Agreed term conditions (depends on Land Size , Number of tanks , Culture Species , defined Time duration , kick of time of Project , Role & Responsibilities ).
Main 4 components
1.Capital – One time cost including – Land digging / Tank construction , Water Arrangement ( bore well & Submersible etc ) , Aeration – Aerator , Diffuser and Sheltor for Labour & Feed , Availability of Electricity , Motars.That cost recovered from project from 5 to 8 year depends on so many factors.
2. Working / Operational – Seed ( depends on species need to be culture) , Feed from nursery management to Grow out , Medicine , Labour , Lease of land and consumables .
3. Sale point – from Farm location / Wholesale & Retail market depends on available market & resources.
4. Profit Margin – Sale – Operational .